Skincare Tips That Must Be Followed By Men
Regardless of gender or age, one thing that requires attention and care always is skin. While women are known to use several products and steps in pursuit of healthy and younger-looking skin, men have kept it simple. But with evolving times, the male population has started to follow a full-fledged skincare routine after knowing its long-run benefits.
Still, loads of men don't have a skincare routine, not because they don't want to, but because they don't know how to. So, here we will be discussing some skin care tips that can make skincare easy, even for a beginner!
But, first, let us know the differences between the skin of a man and a woman and why their needs are different.
What makes a man's skin different from that of a woman?
One of the many things that vary according to gender is skin. Be it facial or body skin, men tend to have few features that women, in general, don't. Therefore, it is necessary to take care differently too. But for that first, let us know what are these differences, so that one may pick up the correct skin care tips. Here we will be focusing on the facial skin.
- Thickness - Male skin has more collagen than female, thus giving them a firmer and tighter experience. It also makes their skin thicker than that of women.
- Oiliness- The sebaceous glands in men are more active than in women the reason why they have more pores. More pores mean more sebum production, thus, a lot of oilier and shinier skin. This also makes their skin more prone to acne and impurities.
- Ageing- Male skin experiences signs of ageing much later in their skin, but once they do, change more quickly. They also get affected by sagging skin and puffy eyes.
- Texture- Male has rough and dry skin as compared to female due to all that weekly shaving. High levels of testosterone are another reason.
- Facial hair - More testosterone also leads to more facial hair. Therefore, men shave, and after shaving, their skin may get irritated, dry, and hypersensitive.
How to take care of male skin?
With so many differences, it only makes sense for you to take care of it with the right products and steps. The best part about this is that you won't need to worry about using a thousand products and following several complicated steps. Because we would be recommending you an easy-to-follow, affordable, and effective skincare routine.
- Cleansing - Washing our face, as we all know is the first and foremost part of a person's skin routine. Especially after you come back from outside, the dirt and dust that builds up in our skin's pores can be removed only with the help of a facial cleanser. Choose a facial cleanser as per your needs and skin type. An activated charcoal facewash for men can work well for all skin types.
- Moisturize - After cleansing, our skin needs something that can help keep the moisture balance of our skin. Here comes moisturizer, which keeps our skin hydrated and soft. It also protects the skin's barrier from irritation and prevents issues of extreme oiliness/dryness.
- Care and Protect- Make sure to take care of your facial hair. Bear or no beard is a personal choice, but try to keep it in check. Also, use sun protection while going out.
Must-follow male skin care tipsApart from the abovementioned steps, you can also keep in mind the following pointers-
- Drink enough water
- Shave using a sharp and clean facial razor
- What works for others might not work for you. So, choose accordingly.
- Take adequate rest
- Eat healthily
BADMAN grooming products for male skincare
Different varieties are now accessible in the men's skincare range. So, choosing one can be tough. Try using BADMAN's grooming range, designed especially for men. From activated charcoal facewash to shaving cream and tea tree face cream for men, it can be your perfect partner for everyday skincare. The ingredients used in BADMAN's products are natural and have no side effects. The products are a great option for men, whether you are a beginner or a pro.
Skincare need not be complicated with the right information and products. So, make sure to research correctly before kickstarting your skincare journey.
How can I get glowing skin naturally?
For naturally glowing skin using organic nature-based products can be a good option. Also, maintaining a healthy diet, exercising regularly, and drinking lots of water can help you naturally get glowing skin.
What are the benefits of activated charcoal for men's skin?
Activated charcoal offers loads of benefits for our skin, particularly for men. It includes-
- Acting as a detoxifying agent
- Helps with acne and pimple problems
- Helps with pore tightening
- Affordable, yet effective skincare ingredient
What is the best care for skin?
The best care you can give your skin is- Avoid getting direct sun exposure and don't forget to use sunscreen. Also, moisturize daily, regardless of skin type or age.
How can I glow-up?
For a quick and easy glow-up, try following these steps-
- Take care of your skin and adopt a skincare routine
- Adapt a healthy lifestyle
- Drink lots of water
- Get a good night's sleep