What are common healthy skincare tips for men?
You would not have expected this topic to be discussed by any one till a few years earlier, but today, in 21st century, you see an increased interest of our GENTLEMEN in catering to their skin requirements. Be it choosing a facewash or a moisturizer or even a mere soap, our gentlemen leave no stone unturned in choosing the best of the products for themselves. So, this blog is here to assist them in their journey towards achieving the skin of their dreams. Follow these tips and you shall have nothing to complain about.
1. Shield yourself from the penetrating sunrays.
One of the most essential and much-requited ways to take care of your skin is to shelter it from the ultra violet rays of the sun after using any good face wash, like the charcoal ones available in the market. (USE BADMAN CHARCOAL FACE WASH HERE IN PIC) Numerous studies have brought it to the fore that an extended period of sun exposure can cause wrinkles, age spots, pigmentation and other skin related problems. The list does not end here, it can also lead to an increased risk of skin cancer amongst people.
Considering the same in mind, and for the most comprehensive sun protection:
Use sunscreen. To begin with, use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15. Apply the sunscreen generously, along with allowing it some time to blend well with your skin tone, and make sure you reapply it every two hours — or more often if you're swimming or perspiring. This shall go a long way in acting as your personal shield against the harsh and deadly UV rays of the sun as the Sun is going to be here for long.
Usually, men skip this essential part of skin care routine, considering it crucial only for the women’s skin, but harmful sunrays can equally affect you as well.
So, next time whenever you step out in sun, don’t forget to shield your skin with a gentle sunscreen.
2. Be always on a look out for the shade.As much as possible, avoid the sun between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. as the sun's rays are at their strongest between these hours. After all, an ounce of prevention is always worth a pound of cure.
3. Choose Your Shaving Cream Wisely.Yes, this is something that all men need to be extra cautious for. Harmful and potent chemicals in such creams can damage your skin slowly. So, be smart with your choice; it’s not necessary that whatsoever a fancy advertisement is demonstrating should be trusted blindly.
You should always get something natural and mild for your skin, which not only shaves off your beard but also leaves a soft and moisturised skin after every use.
4 - Pamper your skin tenderly. Every day hustle, combined with the cleansing and shaving can take a toll on our skin. To keep it smooth and tender:
- Cap your bath time. Why is it necessary? It is, because the hot water and long showers considerably remove oils from your skin. Therefore, setting a limit on your bath or shower time, and the use of lukewarm, rather than hot, water will make you feel at peace with your skin.
Avoid strong soaps.
Apply this tip without taking any rain check as the strong soaps and detergents strip oil from your skin on every day basis. Instead, opt for mild cleansers or saffron soaps like BADMAN as they are light on the skin and rightfully do the job of the soap as well.
- Shave with care. In order to protect and lubricate your skin, do not skip applying the shaving cream, lotion or gel before shaving. Without throwing the caution to the wind, use a clean sharp razor and shave in the direction of your hair growth, not against it.
- Pat dry. After washing or bathing, gently pat or blot your skin dry with a towel (preferably with a blotting paper) so that some moisture is locked in your skin for long.
- Moisturize. Moisturize and Moisturize. For any kind of a dry skin, use a moisturizer that fits your skin type and is preferably enriched with the goodness of natural ingredients; this provides you with a long-lasting respite that is so worth the effort of moisturizing the skin every single day, without fail.
For the purpose of a healthy moisturisation, BadMan Tea Tree cream is just a perfect pick. It keeps your skin moisturized and nourished with the goodness of Tea Tree oil infused in it. This, one of the best Tea Tree Moisturisers, provides an excellent nourishment and pampering care to the skin.
5 - Quit smoking. Thinking, how could smoking degrade the health skin? “Smoking is injurious to health”; you must have heard it or of course, noticed on your cigarette packets?
Every other day, every other newspaper is flooded with the articles mentioning in capital letters the disadvantages associated with smoking. It is that habit or addiction which assists in making your precious skin look older and contributes greatly to wrinkles or other early aging signs.
Are you wondering how it does so? Simply by narrowing the tiny blood vessels in the outermost layers of our skin, which in turn decreases the blood flow and makes our skin paler. This furthermore depletes the skin of its quintessential oxygen and nutrients. If quitting on your own is a tough nut to crack, consult your doctor for tips or treatments to help you quit smoking as this one crucial step has an extensive range of benefits allied with it.
Now that you have understood how to pamper your skin, pull up your sleeves and act on it right away. The clock is ticking, so get your skin care routine rolling before it is too late.